We serve our community by exploring, developing, implementing and supporting effective and innovative use of technology through teamwork, collaboration, innovation, and accountability to our departmental partners. Responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing, and supporting the IT systems and networks throughout the City of Alameda.
Our Mission: Make work life easier through the use of technology.
- Customer Service – work collaboratively with other departments and organizations to improve the quality of life in the City through economic development establish and maintain partnerships with entities city-wide to create a city-wide support infrastructure for technology and telecommunications that will increase support and services to the City of Alameda team members and constituents.
- Embrace Innovation - achieve innovative, practical, and reliable solutions to City problems, optimize processes through information technology leadership and professional services
- Networking Infrastructure – implement and maintain a high-speed, reliable and secure networking infrastructure that provides highly available and secure applications and web services.
- Project Management – develop, maintain and implement technology projects in a cost effective, timely and efficient manner.
- Team Building - provide an exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment where team members derive satisfaction from challenging assignments, continued professional growth, personal accomplishments, and the success of the City of Alameda departments in meeting their operational and service objectives.
Carolyn Hogg, Information Technology Director
Ms. Hogg supports technology and oversees technology projects in design, selection, and implementation. She promotes modernized technology growth to prepare the City for new technologies for better business outcomes. President Obama named her a Champion of Change/Government Technology & added her to the list of top 25 Doers, Dreamers & Drivers. She is a member of the Eastbay Broadband Consortium.