Encinal Boat Ramp
Established in 1981
The Encinal Boat Ramp is located on Central Avenue west of Encinal High School.
September 10, 2019 UPDATE
The Encinal Boat Launch Facility (Facility) is a public marina launch and is an important recreational facility for the community of boaters, paddlers and sailors. For this Facility, the City of Alameda (City) received two grants from the Division of Boating and Waterways. One grant was for the planning, construction design, and permits, in the amount of $300,000, and the other grant was for construction, in the amount of $1,450,000.
- Installing a new two-lane boat ramp;
- Removing two piles and installing four new piles;
- Installing two boat docks - one for motorized boats and one for non-motorized watercraft;
- Installing a new restroom, including a new outdoor shower and fish cleaning station;
- Building new concrete pathways and a kayak laydown pad;
- Installing lighting;
- ADA improvements; and
- Resurfacing and restriping the parking lot.
Construction will be completed in January 2020 and the boat launch facility re-opened to the public. The rockwall is still available for fishing and the beach access remains open for all non-motorized boat launching.
Central Ave - located behind Encinal High School, Alameda 94501 View Map