Agendas and staff reports for the City Council, Community Improvement Commission and Alameda Reuse and Redevelopment Authority meetings.
Campaign Fundraising Statements (Form 460)
Forms that start with the period covering January 1 through June 30 2018 are filed in a searchable electronic database. Forms from 2000 to 2017 are available here.
Charter and Articles of Incorporation
The current and historic City Charters and Articles of Incorporation are available here.
Conflict of Interest (Form 700)
Statements of Economic Interests Form 700s, are used for officials and staff designated in the City's Conflict of Interest Code to disclose any economic interests within the jurisdiction.
Approved minutes for the City Council, Community Improvement Commission and Alameda Reuse and Redevelopment Authority meetings.
Ordinances are municipal laws affecting the general health, safety and welfare of the public. With the exception of emergency ordinances, all ordinances must go through two readings or presentations at two separate City Council meetings. Most ordinances do not become effective until thirty days after the approval of the second reading.
Resolutions are formalized Council motions.
(Due to COVID-19 related health orders, many County facilities have limited public access, therefore under EO N-54-20 and EO N-80-20, the City must make certain CEQA notices available to the public by taking several additional steps, one of which is posting such materials on the City’s public-facing website.)
Notice of Exemption – Design Review Approval No. PLN21-0077 - McKay Medical Respite Facility(PDF, 139KB)
Notice of Determination – Design Review Approval No. PLN21-0077 - McKay Medical Respite Facility(PDF, 142KB)
Notice of Determination – Design Review Approval No. PLN21-0077 - McKay Medical Respite Facility(PDF, 137KB)
Notice of Exemption – Design Review Approval No. PLN21-0077 - McKay Medical Respite Facility(PDF, 132KB)
Notice of Determination – Certificate of Approval No. PLN20-0431 - McKay Wellness Center(PDF, 137KB) (posted 7/7/2021)
Notice of Exemption – Lincoln Park Playground Replacement Project(PDF, 745KB) (posted 6/17/2021)
Notice of Exemption – Ordinance Requiring Newly Constructed Buildings to be All-Electric(PDF, 166KB) (posted 6/9/2021)
Notice of Availability(PDF, 608KB) – Draft Environmental Impact Report City of Alameda General Plan Update (posted 5/6/2021)
Notice of Exemption(PDF, 134KB) – Central Avenue Safety Improvement Project final concept including four roundabouts with the Sherman Street/Encinal Avenue roundabout as a slip lane and not a cul-de-sac (posted 4/21/2021)
Notice of Preparation (NOP) of an Environmental Impact Report for Alameda General Plan 2040(PDF, 207KB) (posted 3/24/21)
Notice of Determination(PDF, 138KB) – Doolittle Landfill Site on the corner of Harbor Bay Parkway and Doolittle Drive, Use Permit PLN19-0601 (posted 12/1/2020)
Notice of Exemption(PDF, 156KB) - 2607 – 2619 SANTA CLARA AVENUE & 1514 – 1518 BROADWAY, Development Plan, Density Bonus and Tentative Map PLN19-0448 (posted 12/1/2020)
Notice of Exemption(PDF, 174KB) – 2416 Lincoln Avenue, Denial of Appeal and Upholding Approval of Use Permit PLN20-0160 (posted 11/6/2020)
Notice of Exemption(PDF, 1MB) – 2416 Lincoln Avenue, Certificate of Approval and Design Review Approval PLN20-0160 (posted 10/23/2020)
Notice of Intent(PDF, 590KB) – located northwest of the intersection of Doolittle Drive and Harbor Bay Parkway, Notice of Intent to Adopt A Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Alameda Municipal Power Solar Project PLN19-0601 (posted 10/22/2020)
Notice of Determination(PDF, 258KB) – 1245 McKay Avenue, Design Review Approval PLN20-0047 (posted 6/9/2020)
Notice of Exemption(PDF, 120KB) – 1245 McKay Avenue, Design Review Approval PLN20-0047 (posted 6/9/2020)
Voted into place by citizens, the City Charter(PDF, 444KB) describes in detail the form and structure of Alameda's municipal government.
CITY COUNCIL MEETING RULES OF ORDER
(PURSUANT TO CITY OF ALAMEDA RESOLUTION NO. 15382, 15697, 15746 and 15772)
The City Council adopts Rosenberg’s Rules of Order(PDF, 382KB) to govern the proceedings of City Council meetings, with the following exceptions and additions:
1. Suspension of the Rules. A supermajority of the City Council (4 members) may suspend the rules for a specific purpose. When rules are suspended, the vote to do so should state the purpose for suspending the rules.
2. Special Orders of the Day. Ceremonial presentations, announcements and proclamations under Special Orders of the Day shall be limited to no more than fifteen (15) minutes as required by the Sunshine Ordinance. Staff and/or the Mayor will work to prepare recipients prior to the meeting.
3. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Matters. Anyone wishing to speak on matters not on the agenda may do so under “Oral Communication, Non-Agenda.” Speakers shall limit comments to two (2) minutes or less. As required by the Sunshine Ordinance, the meeting agenda shall provide up to fifteen (15) minutes for this use at the beginning of the meeting. Any speakers not called will be called under the later scheduled non-agenda public comment. Speakers may comment only once on the same topic even where multiple meetings are held on the same day. No speaker may cede time to another.
4. Consent Calendar Items. Agenda items listed under the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted, approved, or adopted by one motion without discussion. Members of the public can comment once on the entire Consent Calendar. Public comments shall be limited to two (2) minutes or less. Any Councilmember may request removal of a specific item for discussion or explanation. Councilmembers can record a vote other than aye without removing/”pulling” an item from the Consent Calendar. The removed/“pulled” item will be voted on separately. Each Councilmember may ask questions and deliberate for up to five (5) minutes on each item removed/”pulled” from the Consent Calendar.
5. Public Comment on Regular Agenda Items and Council Referrals. Public comment will be allowed on all agenda items at the time each item is called. All speakers, regardless of elected or appointed status, shall limit comments to three (3) minutes or less. Comments shall be limited to two (2) minutes for items with seven (7) or more speakers. No speaker may cede time to another. Public comment is not permitted on motions. Presentations and Council questions precede public comment. Public comment shall not be used to elicit a debate and speakers shall avoid personal attacks of members of the Council, staff or public.
6. Presentations. All presentations, except Council Referrals, are limited to 10 minutes and will be timed. Council Referral presentations are limited to five (5) minutes and shall be timed. Councilmembers should refrain from asking questions during presentations.
7. Council Questions and Comments. Each Councilmember may ask questions and deliberate for up to nine (9) minutes per regular agenda item and up to three (3) minutes per Council Referral. Procedural discussions are not timed. Special meetings and workshops addressing one topic, taking place on a day no other Council meeting is taking place where regular City business is being considered, also will not be timed.
8. Council Communications. Councilmembers can speak under Council Communications for up to nine (9) minutes.
9. Counting Votes. The vote count on a motion will be determined by the majority of the membership unless a greater threshold is required by law. A supermajority is two-thirds of the City Council (4 members).
10. Latest Time a New Agenda Item May Be Called. No new regular agenda items or Council Referrals will be heard after 11:00 p.m.
The Municipal Code is the body of law that has been enacted by the Alameda City Council. The entire document is available online for easy viewing.
The Sunshine Ordinance is codified in the Alameda Municipal Code, Chapter II, Article VIII.
Employees designated in the City’s Conflict of Interests Code are required to be trained on the Sunshine Ordinance and file annual Declarations. Click here to view the training video. Click here(PDF, 91KB) to view the declaration.
Click here(PDF, 159KB) for the Sunshine Ordinance Complaint Procedure and click here(PDF, 343KB) for the complaint form.
Pursuant to the Sunshine Ordinance, frequently requested information is available here(PDF, 27KB) and the records retention schedule is available here(PDF, 459KB).