City Services & Who to Contact
Many City services, and all essential services, are available online and by phone and email during the countywide shelter in place -order. Not sure who to call? Here’s a quick list of select services and who to contact.
- Please call 510-747-4714 or 510-747-4700.
Concerns about business not following the stay at home order?
- Please call 510-747-6818 and leave a message.
Alameda County Enforcement
Building inspections, planning, permitting
- For service by email, please send your request to: email@example.com
- By phone, please call:
- 510-747-6800 for building permits or information
- 510-747-6805 for planning permits or information, or
- 510-747-6854 if you are having problems or do not know what to do
- Inspection procedures are unchanged. Please call the inspection line between 7:30 and 8:30 at 510-747-6830
- If you are ready to submit an application, you may do so, online by clicking on the following link: Submit Application Online
- If you would like to speak with the Department Director Andrew Thomas, call him at 510-747-6881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for service/maintenance (traffic and street lights, sewer, obstruction to right of way, flooding, etc.)
- Call Public Works at 510-747-7900 for service requests during normal business hours (8am-5pm). Please expect some delays in response, especially for routine service as urgent requests are being prioritized.
- Submit requests online at www.alamedaca.gov/seeclickfix or through the SeeClickFix app on your smart phone.
No changes to Alameda County Industries (ACI) Garbage, Recycle, and Compost Collection Service
- Currently, scheduled collection services are not affected. Residential customers should please have containers ready for service between the hours of 6:00am and 6:00pm on your regular collection day.
- For updates, visit https://www.alamedacountyindustries.com/alameda/ or call 510-483-1400.
Electrical emergency repair, routine baseline maintenance, inspections for construction, and bill payment
- Access your account online at www.alamedamp.com.
- For service by phone, please call Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) at 510-748-3900.
- You may drop your payment in the payment box in AMP’s Service Center parking lot at 2000 Grand Street. Cash payments can be made at Mail Boxes Plus, 2532 Santa Clara Avenue.
Fire Department inspections of new construction
- Please call 510-337-2122 for inspections of new construction.
Park facilities, Mastick Senior Center take out lunch program, Alameda Loop Shuttle
- Park facilities are open to the public with restrooms open at Bayport Park, Encinal Boat Launch, Lower Washington Park, Jean Sweeney Open Space Park, and Shoreline Park. All other restrooms are closed.
- Staff is available to answer your questions by phone at 510-747-7529 or email at email@example.com.
Online library services, virtual storytime
- Visit www.alamedafree.org for online resources including access to e-books, audiobooks, newspapers, e-magazines, music streaming, and film streaming services.
- The Children’s Services webpage has homework help resources and curated fun and games websites.
- Staff is available to answer your questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
File a non-emergency police report
- Call 911 if there is an emergency.
- File a police report online at: www.alamedaca.gov/policereport.
- If it is not an emergency and you’d like to talk to someone by phone, please call 510-337-8340.
Police record services
Support for businesses
Apply for an online business licenses