Resources For Job-Seekers
Looking for a job with the City of Alameda? Click below for a list of current openings.
Annual Youth Career & Job Fair
Join us on March 21, 2019, from 2:30 - 4:40 pm at the Encinal High School Gym, 210 Central Avenue. Click here (PDF, 200KB)for more details.
Below is a partial list of local employment resources.
Employment Services & Career Centers
The College of Alameda's One-Stop Career Center can help job seekers and those looking to make a career change with the following:
- Computer access and Internet use for resumes and conducting research
- Resume assistance
- Job leads
- Resource library
- Career exploration and labor market data
- Workshops in resume writing and job search strategies
- Workshops to improve interview skills and networking
- Access to hundreds of job announcements in the East Bay
- Employer hiring events and job fairs
Alameda County Social Services provides public assistance, unemployment benefits, and employment and training programs for low-income adults and pregnant or parenting teens.
Career Education and Certificate Programs
Peralta Colleges Career Technical Education Programs has certificate programs in 50 career areas with locations throughout Alameda County, including the College of Alameda.
Alameda Adult School helps individuals obtain a high school diploma or learn English as a second language (ESL).
The Stride Center prepares adults for careers in the information technology field.
Other Job Boards and Useful Links
County of Alameda Job Openings
CalJOBS (Job Board)