The City of Alameda is seeking proposals from qualified non-profits and public entities for Cultural Art and Arts Programming. There is a total of $60,000 available, to be distributed across four (4) grants of $5,000 and four (4) grants of $10,000.
Cultural arts or arts programming may include, but is not limited to:
- performance arts: theatre, dance, music;
- literary arts: poetry reading and storytelling;
- film and video;
- screenings and installations;
- arts education;
- art lectures and presentations;
- special events: festivals and celebrations; and
- artist-in-residence programs in the arts.
- Cultural arts or arts programming must be accessible to the public at no charge, and located in the City of Alameda.
Although all non-profit arts organizations and public agencies are eligible, local organizations are particularly encouraged to propose, and will receive a point preference as part of the evaluation process. See the Selection Criteria in the RFP linked below for more information.
The City will also host a virtual RFP Orientation on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 5pm over Zoom. Login information is included in the RFP.
Inquiries regarding the RFP may be made via email to Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for inquiries is 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
All proposals must be submitted through Submittable. To be considered for a grant, proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on July 5, 2022.
Cultural Art RFP(PDF, 526KB) Download the full RFP, which includes all relevant information.
For more information contact Walker Toma, Development Manager, at email@example.com.