Get Around Safe Pledge List (listed in order of receipt, with personal pledges in quotes)
1. John Knox White, Vice Mayor, City of Alameda: "I pledge to look out for all our community, to stand up for all voices and center those less frequently heard."
2. Marilyn Ezzy Ashcraft, Mayor, City of Alameda
3. Anonymous: "I pledge to use turn signals"
4. Laurie Kozisek, City of Alameda
5. Deb Knowles
6. Anonymous: “I pledge to make sure my entire family follows the rules and social distances.”
7. Blanche Kim
8. Madlen Saddik, President & CEO, Alameda Chamber of Commerce
9. Dave Johnson, Transportation Commissioner
10. Christy Cannon: “I pledge to be sure my friends are doing the same!”
11. Becca Perata
12. John Platt: "I will remember that we all are stressed in these difficult times and try and be kind and respectful to my neighbors."
13. Jillian Northrup: "I pledge to be kind to all! And only go out when necessary."
14. Anonymous: "I pledge to bike more often!"
15. Michael John Torrey, C.E.R.T.: "I Pledge To Encourage Friends & Family Members To Do The Same."
16. Lauren Eisele, Eisele Consulting Services
18. Kira Foster: “I pledge to maintain as much patience and good humor as humanly possible!”
19. Paul Medved, San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit: “I pledge to drive an all-electric vehicle when I need to drive!”
20. Malia Vella, Councilmember, City of Alameda
21. Kathleen Cavanagh
22. Susan McKee: “I pledge to show respect for other people by wearing a mask when outside my house and around other people.”
23. Janice lynn Mason, Janice Mason: “I pledge to wear a mask at all times in public and urge everyone to follow this rule. In the nicest possible way.”
24. Susan Battersby
25. Jeanne Lahaie, Senior Advocates: "I pledge to honor the lives of my black and brown brothers and sisters."
26. Don Musso, Musso Family: "I pledge for my grandfather Lorenzo Pedemonte who died from the Spanish Flu in 1918 here in Alameda when my mother was only 3 years old."
27. Leah Roderman: "I pledge to say hi to people! Yield the sidewalk to elders, caregivers with strollers and/or small children, and individuals with visible physical disabilities that may limit their mobility."
28. Benjamin James: "I pledge to speak up politely when I see others walking on narrow crowded paths without a mask."
29. Kathleen Macy
30. Robert John Macy
31. Patricia Potter
32. Ryan Chan
33. Joyce Mercado, Bike Walk Alameda
34. Tim B, Bike Walk Alameda
35. Cyndy Johnsen
36. Kirk Knight
37. Christina: "I pledge to physically distance, not socially distance. I will make eye contact with passer-buyers and say hello from a safe distance."
38. Martha Stebbins
39. Ingrid E. Hamiltom
40. Jill Marshal: "I will keep my community in mind whenever I go out and seek to keep us all safe"
41. Jono: "I will respect my neighbors and neighborhood whether and when I see them. I will also not set off fireworks now or ever."
42. Megan Denhard: "I pledge to keep my family and friends and community safe."
43. Emily Ross-Brown: "I pledge to carry a spare mask in a ziplock bag that I can offer someone if they don't have one."
44. Jerrell Stewart
46. Brittany Gentile
48. C. Ganser
49. Laura Tully
50. Ashley Simmons: "I pledge to wash my hands before going out to protect others."
51. Stephanie Warren
53. Jean Walsh, Advocate
54. Rochelle A Reed
55. Joel Villamil
56. John Rogers: "I pledge to to care for fellow human beings."
57. Joanne Robinson, Kiwanis Club
58. Camilo Landau
59. Gayle Thomas
61. Samantha Raddatz
63. Antoinette Nascimento, amnArchitecture: "I pledge to complain to management directly when encountering COVID 19 lawbreakers I.e. face masks off while in enclosed areas."
64. Ellen C Bradley: "I pledge to suggest other Safe Streets and adhere to the rules!"
65. Fabian Herrera
66. Meredith Owens
67. Anne T Swart
68. Johanna Paillet Grow
69. Kathleen Messer
70. Mariaelena Quale: "I pledge to share this information with my family and ask them to also ledge to get around Alameda safely."
72. Cameron Holland: "I pledge to walk or bike whenever possible to reduce car traffic on the island and improve my health and the health of my family."
73. Katie McKinnon: "I pledge to stay home as much as possible. Make masks. Order to-go and not indulge in outdoor dining."
74. Dayna Archibald, ARPD
75. Dawna Dowdell-Dos Santos
76. Meredith Owens
77. Ruth Abbe, Community Action for a Sustainable Alameda
78. Alysha Nachtigall
81. Ydelise Valencia
83. Adam Leary: "I pledge to support our essential workers long after the pandemic is over."
85. Danielle Mieler