The City of Alameda Public Works Department is soliciting bids for OTIS DRIVE TRAFFIC CALMING AND SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT, No. P.W. 05-20-29
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to, performing the following work, and as specified in the project specifications (manual), construction plans, exhibits and attachments:
- Demolition, removal, and hauling existing concrete and asphalt pavement
- Removal of existing traffic stripes and markings
- Replacement and addition of sidewalk, curb, gutter and curb ramps at various locations
- Installation of concrete islands and at the intersection of Otis Drive and Grand Street
- Asphalt concrete paving at the intersection of Otis Drive and Grand Street and other locations
- Installation of a pedestrian refuge island and RRFB system near Sandcreek Way
- Installation traffic striping, pavement markings, curb paint, street bond and traffic channelizer posts
- Installation of street furniture, including benches and bike racks
Location: The project site is within the public right-of-way on Otis Drive between Westline Drive and Willow Street in Alameda, CA
PRESENTING AND MARKING OF BIDS. Bids must be presented to the Public Works Department, 950 W. Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, California, under sealed cover, plainly marked on the outside,
(NAME OF BIDDER)
OTIS DRIVE TRAFFIC CALMING AND SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
IN ALAMEDA COUNTY
Bids must be received by the Public Works Department by 2:00 p.m. on the date set forth in the following paragraph.
Bids will be opened in the Public Works Department, 950 W. Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, California, at 2:01 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
INQUIRIES: Please submit all questions by email regarding the bid documents by no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 23 to Robert Vance, Senior Engineer, Public Works Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic specifications and bidder’s forms for bidding this project can only be obtained at the City of Alameda website. There is no cost for the specifications. It is the responsibility of each prospective bidder to check the website periodically for updates, such as Addenda.
Download a PDF of:
Specifications here(PDF, 1001KB)
Technical Specifications here(PDF, 598KB)
Plans here(PDF, 83MB)
Attachment: Traffic and Pedestrian Control Plan Checklist and General Notes here(PDF, 4MB)
Addendum No. 1 here(PDF, 80KB)