File an Online Police Report

If this an emergency, do not file an online report, call 911 or 510-337-8340.

Many non-emergency crimes can be reported online. Reporting crimes online is more efficient, saves department resources, and allows you to avoid waiting for an officer to take the report.Online reports are for documentation purposes only, no investigation will occur. Filing a false police report is a crime. 



Step 1.Verify your crime qualifies for an online report

  • The crime is NOT currently in progress.
  • The crime occurred within the city limits, either on the island of Alameda or Bay Farm Island. For crimes outside of the city of Alameda, contact the correct police agency.
  • The crime is one of the following:
  • Harassing phone calls
  • Identity theft
  • Lost, stolen, or vandalized property (this does not include hit/run collisions)
  • Theft of property from inside unlocked vehicle (theft from vehicle)
  • Theft of property from inside a locked vehicle (vehicle burglary)
  • There are NO SUSPECTS OR EVIDENCE (such as VIDEOS or WITNESSES). Crimes with possible suspect(s) or evidence must be reported to an officer. Call 510-337-8340 for assistance. Online reports are for documentation only, no investigation will occur.
  • You have a valid email address. For security purposes, and to prevent fraud, your IP address will be recorded with the report.  

Step 2.Gather your information

You’ll need to provide the following for your online report:

  • Details about yourself, the victim (if not you) and property (if applicable).
    • Identification number (Driver's licenses, identification card, SSN, or passport)
  • A detailed description of the crime you are reporting.
    • Date of incident
    • Location
    • Property information (theft) 

Step 3.File an online report

By clicking the link below, I have read the statements above and my report meets all of these criteria AND understand no follow up investigation will occur on my report. 

File a New Online Report

Step 4.Retrieving or Correct a Report

If you have already submitted a report online and the report is still pending, you will need your report identification number and the identification number you provided (driver's license, SSN, etc.) to retrieve or correct an existing report.

Once a report has been approved by an APD sergeant, changes cannot be made online. 

Retrieve/Correct a Filed Report