Want To Teach A Class With ARPD
Special Interest Programs: Becoming A Contractor
Alameda Recreation and Park Department (ARPD) proudly works in partnership with Contractors to offer a wide variety of Special Interest Programs for youth and adults of all ages and interests. Some examples of recreational programs offered include fitness, enrichment, camps, cooking, music, art, dance, sports and technology.
- Percentage Share: ARPD and Contractors share a percentage of the program fees collected from registered participants. These standardized percentage differ for Contractors who use their own facilities than those who hold classes in ARPD facilties. Please inquire for standardized percentages.
- How To Propose A Special Interest Program With ARPD: Contractors who are interested in partnering with ARPD to offer a Special Interest Program must first complete an Instructor Application and Proposal Form. Proposal Forms are available for submittal for each of the three ARPD sessions: Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer. A proposal form for each session is available upon inquiry one month before the proposal deadline. Please see below for approximate Proposal Form deadline dates: Fall Session - Early June; Summer Session - Early January; Winter/Spring - Early October
Benefits of Partnering with ARPD Special Interest Programs
- Participant Registration: ARPD handles participant payment and registration allowing Contractors to focus on program design and facilitation.
- Staff: Most classes held in ARPD facilities are staffed by ARPD by assist with the facility, set-up/break-down, participant sign-in/out, etc.
- Exposure: Contractor programs are featured in the ARPD Activity Guide which is sent to 32,000 resident homes, three times per year. Special Interest Programs are also featured on the City of Alameda website in the Recreation and Park Department section and at our online registration website: www.alamedaca.gov
- Support: ARPD Staff help support Contractors facilitate successful programs. Contractors work directly with a Recreation Supervisor I from program proposal to program completion.
The following is a list of requirements for ARPD Contractors. Requirements are submitted after Contractor program acceptance. Additional information regarding Contractor requirements available upon inquiry.
- Department of Justice Live Scan Criminal Background Clearance for all individuals working or volunteering with youth and/or adult participants.
- Instructor Application including qualifications/credentials.
- City of Alameda Business License - click here for more information
- Contract with the City of Alameda Recreation and Park Department
For more information about Special Interest Programs, please contact Shawn Smith, Recreation Supervisor I at (510) 747-7555 or email@example.com
*Please note that Special Interest Programs held in ARPD facilities have a 5 person minimum. Programs that do not meet a 5 person minimum will be cancelled approximately one week prior to the program start date.