BATTERY BACKUP SYSTEM
NOTICE INVITING SEALED BIDS
The City of Alameda invites sealed bids for a contract for the “Project” entitled: BATTERY BACKUP SYSTEM.
The contract will be used to procure an initial quantity as shown on the Bid Form, and then to procure an undefined quantity on an as-needed basis for a period of two (2) years. The contract may be extended for one year up to two times, four a total of four years.
- BID SUBMITTAL, WITHDRAWAL, IRREVOCABILITY: Bids must be submitted on the bid forms supplied by the City. Bids must be received at: City of Alameda; PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT, CITY HALL WEST, 950 W. MALL SQUARE, ROOM 110, ALAMEDA, CA 94501, not later than February 4, 2021 at 2:30PM.
Bids received after the time set for bid opening will not be considered. Bidders are solely responsible for the cost of preparing their bids. No bidder may withdraw its bid for a period 60 days after the date set for bid opening, except pursuant to Public Contract Code Section 5101 et seq.
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project is more specifically defined in the Contract Documents, but generally includes the purchase of ten (10) battery backup systems. Beyond the initial purchase quantity, the contract shall be in effect for a period of two (2) years where the City may purchase additional quantity(ies) on an as-needed basis. The additional quantity(ies) are on an as-needed basis, so if the demand is not there, then additional quantity(ies) will not be requested. There is no guarantee for any additional quantity(ies) beyond the initial bid quantity. If agreed, the City and Contractor may choose to extend the contract for one year, up to two times.
- CONTRACT TIME; LIQUIDATED DAMAGES: Required delivery times are detailed in contract documents. The City will assess liquidated damages in the amount of $250.00 for each and every calendar day of delay in meeting the delivery requirements in excess of the contract time.
- REQUIRED CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE(S): Not applicable.
- REGISTRATION WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS: Not used.
- PRE-BID CONFERENCE: None.
- CONTRACT DOCUMENTS: Electronic specifications and bidder’s forms for bidding this project can only be obtained at the City of Alameda website, https://www.alamedaca.gov/BUSINESS/Bid-on-City-Contracts, or by calling (510) 747-7900. There is no cost for the specifications. It is the responsibility of each prospective bidder to check the website periodically for updates, such as Addenda.
- PLAN HOLDERS LIST: The City will not be tracking who downloads the documents. Therefore, there will be no plan holders list.
- SECURITIES SUBSTITUTION: Pursuant to California Public Contract Code Section 22300, and at the request and expense of the Contractor to whom the Contract is awarded, securities in a form approved by the City shall be permitted in substitution for money withheld by the City to ensure performance under the Contract.
10.PREVAILING WAGE: Not used.
11.DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MONITORING/ENFORCEMENT: Not used.
12. WAIVER OF IRREGULARITIES. The City reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any or all Bids, to waive minor irregularities or defects in bidding and to reject nonconforming, nonresponsive or conditional bids.
13. INQUIRIES: If any Bidder has questions regarding this Project, contact the Project Manager: Donya Amiri, Principal Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org. Bidder shall submit any questions addressing the interpretation or clarification of the Contract Documents in writing.
Battery Backup System Bid Tab here(PDF, 15KB)
Download a PDF of this Spec here(PDF, 264KB)
Addendum No. 1 here(PDF, 126KB)
Questions & Answers, click here(PDF, 79KB)